Ditch the Beige Trench Coat for Something More Colorful this Season
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Trench coats are practical, there is no doubt. But that doesn’t mean they have to look practical. This spring, gravitate toward a brighter cover-up that will protect your clothing and your mood from the rain.
- I own multiple trench coats, and this is one of my favorites. A vintage Burberry that I wear without the belt, found for a steal at Chi-Chi and the Greek.
- An orange coat is trés chic and this one from 10 Crosby Derek Lam marries a great cut with a great color. Reg. $595 now $356 at Neiman Marcus.
- You have to be bold to rock such a bright yellow, but if you’ve got the nerve, the ASOS Collarless Belted Trench will get you well-deserved attention. Reg. $134 now $54 at ASOS.
- I love the idea of this Juicy Couture Double Breasted Cropped Trench. Very fresh and modern. $298 at Nordstrom.
- A totally different take on the trench, the Desigual Funnel Neck Floral Print Trench makes a fashion-forward statement. $154 at Macy’s.
- If your trench coat budget is on the high side, the nipped waist Oscar de la Renta Full-skirted Silk-Faille Coat is as good as it gets. $2,790 at NET-A-PORTER.
Let it rain.